In the spring of 2007, a few forward thinking DC area talent acquisition executives got together in over breakfast to discuss the trials and tribulations of our industry. We quickly realized the benefits of getting to together regularly to share our successes, our failures industry trends, or sometimes just to vent about the day-to-day pressures of our jobs with colleagues that will understand.
Today, the Talent Acquisition Leadership Council (TALC) has over 150 members from over 55 Mid Atlantic companies. We now meet twice a quarter to share best practices and discuss industry challenges. In order to attend our events, all members must be leading or managing a team in a corporate talent acquisition organization (no vendors, HR generalists/managers, recruiters, headhunters, or staffing agency professionals). Our members include recruitment leaders (vice presidents and directors) from companies such as Lockheed Martin, Booz Allen, Northrop Grumman, Accenture, Freddie Mac, L-3, PricewaterhouseCoopers, SAIC, CSC, Under Armor, Deloitte, CACI, and General Dynamics.
Our meetings include panel discussions, guest speakers, and member presentations. Some of our past meetings have included presentations from industry leading subject manager experts including:
• Ron Mester (CEO of ERE) on the future of the talent acquisition marketplace.
• Brent Rasmussen (President of CareerBuilder) on the state of the recruitment marketplace in 2011.
• Debra Carr (Head of Policy for OFCCP) to discuss how Federal contractors can better connect with OFFP officials.
• Donna Weiss (Practice Leader at Corporate Executive Board) presented on key the next generation recruiter and developing talent advisor relationships.
• Keith Elson (BPO Account Lead at Accenture) led a roundtable discussion on ever changing communication methods for talent acquisition professionals.
In order to qualify to be a member within TALC, members must meet the following criteria:
• Have a minimum of 10 years of industry experience.
• Be a current vice president, director, or manager of talent acquisition for a corporate recruiting organization.
• Manage a team of at least 7 recruiters
• Spend a majority of their daily function in a recruitment function (we do not discuss general HR topics)
For more information on TALC or to inquire about being a member, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.